Thursday, December 28, 2006

day 8

we woke up kind of late today, and went to eat at ding tai fung (a really, really, REALLY delicious restaurant) that serves food like shao long bao (little dragon dumplings- they have pork and soup inside!) and shrimp dumplings and sweet and sour soup and chicken soup and all this other really yummy food. the line stretched out the door and down the block, it was crazy! so we (me, k, aunt karen, and g-ma) went to go shopping a bit and got 3 shirts for NT$500 (about.. 15 bucks) then we rushed back to eat.

After eating, we went to ANOTHER restaurant to drink bubble tea (where we saw a cute waiter.)

i kept telling kari to take a picture with him but she's shyyy.

It's not like I can ask him myself...and I don't want to just point to the camera and to him.

Anyway, then we split up. Steph's uncle took us to walk around Taipei a bit more and to the underground of the Taipei Main train station, where there are tons of shops and places to eat. Poor guy...he had to wait for us while we went into every jewelry shop, shoe store, and a couple of stores selling bras. But it was fun for us.

after that, we went to Ximending, which is the place for cool, hip teens. it was super busy and everyone dressed like an asian popstar. i felt pretty frumpy. so we looked at a lot of clothes, sunglasses, hats, earrings, shoes, etc. normal girly things. once again, poor uncle!

hahah this next part is funny to remember. we decided to eat dinner at this bbq place, where you grill your own food. it's actually really cool and fun. unfortunately, we were already full before (CONSTANTLY FULL) and then we stuffed ourselves to the max. no joke.

They kept giving me things to eat!! Steph doesn't like seafood or mushrooms, so she kept putting stuff on my plate. And then Steph's uncle put food on my plate. And in the end I was so full I couldn't even walk...and it hurt to laugh...and we had to wait 15 minutes before I felt like I could get up. Not kidding. I swear, if there's any Chinese I remember 10 years from now, it'll be "hao bao" (REALLY FULL) and "wo bu uh" (I'M NOT HUNGRY).

i've truly never seen kari so round, and that's saying something.

we walked around ximending some more and went down an alley that is famous for tatooing and piercings. some of it was pretty grotesque. example.. lacing your entire back to look like you are wearing a corset! ew. however, k and i saw a shop that did nails, so we thought "hey, never done them before. let's do it!"

it took about an hour, but they turned out sweet. mine are deep purple and kari's are blue, and we both have little flowers and curlicues on our nailss. delish.

Although now they're chipping. I'm sad. Steph's are still holding up though, and we're thinking of getting them redone before we leave Taiwan.

Finally, we took the MRT back to Banciao. Fun day.

No comments: